|Hutton village pond|
The pond was opposite the end of Doctors Lane. The photograph shows the view looking east towards the Green and the back of the houses on North End.
Elwick House is on the left and the back of Elwick Terrace can be seen - it was built in 1905.
This row of cottages on the right hand side of North End is much changed today but still recognisable.
The view beyond is quite different now!
The top of North End with the junction with North Side and the Post Office.
|North End - North Side|
Now a little further along, turning around to look back along North Side, westward towards the Post Office:
The Green, and the view from the Green, were changed substantially by the planting of the avenues of trees in 1878. Here is an early view of North Side before the trees had grown:
|North Side c1885|
Stringer's Row and The Elms are visible at the right of the picture.
The eastern end of North Side after the trees had begun to mature - Stringer's Row is to the right.