|East Side 1879|
This photograph of East Side was taken the year after the trees were planted on the Green - they were protected from livestock with iron guards.
To the right of the picture can be seen Hutton House - the tower had not yet been built. The tree guard nearest to the photographer masks the point where Barkers Row ends - the houses in the centre of the picture are set back from the Row. The pump has not yet been installed.
|East Side in the early 1900s|
This photograph shows the entrance to the Wheatsheaf Inn was via the archway, which led through to stabling and a cottage.
Hutton House now has its tower, and there are railings at the front of Barkers Row.
|The pump on the Green c1905|
Geese gathering round the pump and children playing on the Green ...
A photograph of Enterpen in quieter times, looking in the direction of the Green.
On the left can be seen a blacksmith's shop and the Station Hotel. The smithy stood at the junction with Doctors Lane.